Old 02-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
Oh MrsD..I have very recently started taking the B12 after reading here but find the problem is that my stomach is seldom empty.

It takes a lot of planning to time the pill between feedings. *grin
Take it first thing when you get up... I have mine with tea and my thyroid dose. (it helps if you have another drug that requires empty stomach like that). I wait at least an hour or more before I have breakfast food. Most breakfast food is loaded with fiber..cereals, bread etc.

Or you can take it before bedtime, and hopefully your tummy is empty then? <cough cough>

When I was going thru the menopause and had trouble sleeping I took it then, at night. It really helped the insomnia.
The reason for this is that methylB12 is in the conversion step from serotonin to melatonin --melatonin is the "sleep" hormone.

Menopause wasn't too bad for me really, except for the sleep issue.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote