View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 03:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default read at risk? I am doing well btw :)

Hi everyone it has been awhile since I have been on here. I just want to let you all know that I am doing better and better. The Meds are working. I am on 100mg. I feel more balanced as can be. But I have been more of an air head than usual. Is that considered normal for Lamictal? I am also taking an abnormal psychology class. One of my classmates spoke against the ECT. I told her that ECT has saved lives and helped people in many ways. My professor was impressed by my opinion. When certain friend explained to me how it helped it made everything less scary. I learned a lot from this forum and I have benefit from this forum a lot. I have had friends here who educated me and I appreciate it.

Yesterday I went to the book store to get a starbucks. This guy open the door for me and my friend. He went in line for coffee as well. He talked to me a lot but very loudly and even invaded my personal space a bit. There were signs I was really familiar with. I was not really alarmed considering the fact that my research project is on Aspergers disorder. He shared with me how he has ADHD. I told him so do I! lol We both laughed because we are drinking coffee and it was funny. The people around me stared at him like he was nuts. I kind of got angry about it. All because someone is different or has a disorder does not give you the right to stare at them like FREAK or WEIRDO. He with out a doubt had aspergers disorder. He is a nice guy and I do not think that people take the time to socialize with him because if how he interacts. I am glad I interacted with him because he was a very funny guy. He told me about some jokes and it was really cool to hear them. He told me what school he went to. He is going for his Degree in political science. That is so cool to me. I hope he enjoys that field.
I get fed up sometimes because of how he and I are societal rejects I am abnormal so people tried not to associate with me. I know for a fact that no one else would talk to him. My friends were really nice to him. My friends accept me for who I am and my condition. What I can not help but to notice is that in California people are more open to talk to those who are different from them versus Michigan where I currently live. People here in Michigan are not that open to much i guess. California was easier to make friends because I guess people were more educated to certain disabilities and mental disorders.

I now know why it took me 2 in a half years to make friends here in Michigan. It is all making more sense now.

alarmed about it because I knew