View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

From what my PCP told me, MVP can trigger the anxiety type of episodes. I had mild episodes some time ago and using Inositol (over the counter stuff from GNC or any health store) worked just fine.

I have an extremely abnormal, well, everything, hah! I'd actually just popped in here today because my Epileptologist threw around Periphreal Neuropathy today in combination with a big heart related word I won't try to pronounce when I saw this thread.

I guess I went so many years forgetting about my funky heart that it finally caught up with me.

The weird beat, I call those hiccups. Typically harmless, I would try various methods to keep stress low since that will increase your heartrate and chances of that backflow thing MVP does.

Pardon my terminology, I'm more savvy with brains than hearts.

Check out some of the online sources for MVP, a lot have good information on treatment methods (non prescription) that worked well for me. The inositol was great for me because I drink a lot of coffee, so it was a win-win. You should bring it up to your doctor and see what they think and any recommended dosage. From what I have read, it seems to be harmless - but I'm always one to ask before I take anything, even a vitamin.

I'm not sure I'd rush there, but just give a call and ask. I really think the inositol would help with anxiety (even the mild types can be a PITA), but wouldn't suggest you take it without talking to your doctor. Even if it is OTC, it's always best to ask permission first!

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote