View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Ellie:

don't worry about me and anxiety, I have xanax for that and I don't even take that except at night to go to sleep. It's the only thing I can afford and I just take one 0.5 or sometimes one and one half and in about 40 minutes I doze off. Relaxes my whole body.

This time of year is particularly stressful for me because I have no family to speak of (since they found out my son is mentally ill, forget about family rallying around and being there for you, they havent' asked about my son once in 5 years). Kind of sad don't you think?

But Christmas time (when I was younger, was family time) and I kind of thought that when my son was grown, there would be sunday dinners, grandchildren, etc. But there will be none of that. And that hurts.

I mean, we really do the best we can to cope but with all the holiday songs and if I hear "I'll be home for christmas" one more time, I think I'll scream.

Actually, I feel perfectly fine. It was just that I put the stethoscope to my chest (never did that before) so I never heart my own heartbeat.

My next appointment is December 18 and he'll give a listen. Of course if I get a scare of something, I'll be at his office in five minutes. But I know me, Sometimes a little knowledge is not good for me. I go on the internet, read stuff and then I go, "oh, so that's what I might have". Really stupid to do that I know.

I will check on the inositol thing. Thanks hon.

Melody

P.S. You will never guess what I just found out when I googled Mitral Valve prolapse. An article came up and here's a bit of the paragraph:
"People with MVPS have a higher incidence of: the following: Altitude sickness, Endometriosis , Fibromyalgia , Fibrocystic breast disorder , Infertility , PMS Premenstrual syndrome, Scoliosis , Seasickness , Tinnitus , and "temporomandibular joint dysfunction" TMJ symdrome. "

NOW ASK ME WHAT I HAVE FROM THIS LIST.
Scoliosis, Seasickness, and TMJ.
isn't that a hoot??? what the heck does valves have to do with tmj and seasickness and scoliosis???

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote