Thread: thoracic fusion
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 01:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey there

Hi Cheryl, what's new? Sorry, it took me so long to write, I only check it like once or twice a week. I try to be grateful every day that I can still walk and that I'm still just as attractive and my face isn't what's wearing the scar. I went to the mall today and went grocery shopping with my husband. I was panting with exertion, but I had fun, and by the time I was in a lot of pain, I was home and I was able to lay down. What hurts the most is to sit. I go the 1st or second week in march to see my surgeon again, I just saw mine this past week. He said my screws and stuff are tiny. He said for my type of surgery complete fusion will not occur for 1-2 years. They will take a CT next month and depending on how it looks and how I feel, I can start trying to go without it. I've already been trying to go without it for short trips from one room to another in the apartment and I feel very sore and weak almost immediately. So I'm not very close yet. He said it's normally not a surgery that they would ever even recommend if they can avoid it, but it was either that or become paralyzed, so they didn't have choice. I would love to work but it hurts to sit for any real length of time still. So untill that gets better I will not be able to do any kind of work that requires me to sit. I usually don't do forums either but I was pretty desparate to compare notes with someone with a similar story. I'm going to try to start a local support group through my doctor's office. Put up a sign at the office with my email address and meet at the local coffee house! I need new friends that know what I've gone through!! Talk to you soon, hope you have a good Valentine's if I don't talk to you before.-Crystal
Sambouka74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-15-2009)