View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 02:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Attention

MrsD
you are correct in your warning about heat. I had a education last fall about the structure, contents, manufactures and problems with the Duragesic brand patches.This was an issue......

I needed answeres to our loss and had to understand how could I have not understood what this method of pain mangement could do. What was being kept from all of us.

Although there is a system of matrix style to distribute the active product the reservoir type is still being used by the manufacture. There is a fault rate of 8000 patches leaking per batch. Although the process has been found faulty in recalls as far back as 2004, the same process is being used because of the profit to this company.

There are warnings about signs if a patch is causing an overdose, but in the information provided you read about respiratory issues, there is not one of Death.

Although I was an informed person, I never knew the manufacture had these issues or that there was enough of the active ingredient left to come out 80 times more powerful then morphine.

Our family monitored the use of patches to my family member. we locked and dispersed them. Unfortunately we lost our dear daughter/sister. She was so young with a life of pain issues, but I trusted the medication as I had no realistic idea of how dangerous this medication was.

Not even when I found my child deceased did I accept it was her pain control. However, after all the test were over, the cause of death was poly-pharmaceutical accidental overdose Fentenyl.

The amount of fentenyl in the system was consistent with a leaking patch. Also in the coroner report was noted the house was very warm.

Although the manufacture of this type of patch new its risk the production, and type was provided from them as safe to use.
There have been many legal suits filed against them and they have lost.

I will fight on my dd behalf so no other family to lose a loved one when there were alternatives to what system she was provided.
I will do whatever it is i need to do to prevent another family from going through this sheer he!!. Nothing can heal my heart or bring her back, but I will aggressively do what ever I have to do to warn others of the manufacture defective product.

It is a gamble with your life over their profits. 400 cases are currently being litigated in wrongful death actions over the negligence of knowing and not informing doctors, pharmacies, and patients.

How many doctors have said if the patch comes off to replace it on...or tape it back on, move them, or if you have a fever to remove it!

I can only say if one is using the patch research it, the manufacturer of it, the type of reservoir used, and litigation against the company for its failures.

If we have all the peanut butter recalled, and expanse of the products removed by the FDA and congress asking questions.....why are people still dying wearing the patch?

If you have questions and want more information, look up the web site for attorney Jim Orres, in Texas. Angel Reyes.
They have a lot of this information on their site and links,

I begged for years for a pain pump, or alternative methods.
Now all I can do is hope for a dream like last night were dd and I were at our favorite salon and mall shopping. It felt so good to spend time with her.....
I could not get out of bed the rest of the day. It all was preventable.
With a heavy heart,
Honey

PS: I am not on the forum to preach but to share, I am not repeating this post. but if people search and find it they will have more information and can google the law firm of Jim Orres in Texas. I am on on Sundays to read and offer prayers and ask for support as our lives are so devestated.
honeybear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote