View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 07:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh Mel, we "all" do that! Every time I tell one of my doctors, "well I was doing some research on the internet" I get the "rolling of the eyes". My Neurologist told me, well, when you're on the internet you don't know if you've got a brain surgeon telling you how to assemble a car, or a mechanic telling you how to assemble a brain, either way, you don't know what you're getting! They all have that "I'm the only one you should trust" complex... so I just don't "mention" I learned it on the internet. It's like saying well, my Aunt's friend Mabel told me that her son the chiropractor said "blah blah blah" they immediately think we're a bunch of goofy old ladies who can't read a book or learn on our own.

Well Melanie, if you think you need to tell us about your "not a ba-boom" and how it scares you, we are all eyes! Hey, we are a lot cheaper that a doctors visit! (Even if you only have to pay a co-pay!) We like to hear about it! (at least I do) If you don't mind, It makes me feel not so silly when I get all anxious and Oh-My-God- eeee late at night when I think maybe I've got cancer, or a brain tumor, or just the other day, when I got all tired just cleaning my room... and I had to take a three hour nap! Like a little baby! I don't have a mom around, or a sister, or even a crazy old aunt Mabel that I can ask questions to. That's why I'm here. So I can ask you all questions to drive my doctors crazy! Hey, we have to make them earn all that money somehow! Believe me, I'm not going to see them because they are cute! They sure don't have the McDreamy factor going for them. Not even the Georgie factor!

Hang in there Mel, and keep that BaBoom going!

Terri
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote