View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 06:39 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Fellow Sufferer, first of all, the reason you are here, to answer that question is that there are people here that can help you. If you keep coming back, you will meet many people that have had it all swept away and somehow managed to rebuild their life.

Sometimes, it is not the same life that we had before, or not the life we had envisioned for ourselves, but a good life, nonetheless.

It is wonderful if you have someone in your life that can be a mentor and someone to help you plan a way of recovery for yourself, but that is not always possible. Although, if you think very carefully about everyone you know, there might be someone who could be a support person for you. If you can think of someone that could be that for you-take a risk and ask them. What do you have to lose?

If you can't find someone like that, keep coming back here. People here have spent so much time sending me private messages abd encouraging me to have courage. They have also helped me to see things with a different perspective. Things about myself and my qualities.

For example, even though your story is so hard to read because it is so painful and because life has not been fair for you, it still reveals some amazing qualities that you have. And you might not be able to see them right now or realize their potential.

Your qualities of persistance and tenaciousness can help you to keep fighting. You have a strong sense of loyalty and a stong love for people as shown by your career desire to be a doctor and to help people, and your desire to help your nieces and nephews. Even though you have had and still have so many challenges, you still care for others. That is a great attribute that will enrich your life immensively. You still have a great ability to communicate and to think logically. You have a very persuasive way of presenting facts.

In re-reading your letter, I can see there are many people at the university and the hospital who know you and what you have accomplished so far, and would be good candidates for you to contact and ask them if they would be willing to mentor you and be a support person to figure out your next steps.

You have learned a lot of lessons about life, albeit in a hard way, and can put that knowledge to use. I predict there will be many people in your future that will benefit from what you have been through, because you will be able to help them through their struggles.

NEVER GIVE UP AND NEVER UNDERESTIMATE HOW MUCH MOTIVATION CAN LEVEL ANY PLAYING FIELD !!!
~~~~~hua.org~~~~~
Hearts United for Animals
has lots of "magic pain pills"
just waiting to be adopted!

Last edited by GmaSue; 02-09-2009 at 01:43 AM.
GmaSue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vini (02-10-2009)