Thread: Spine question
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 09:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Spine question

10 years ago I was dx with a compression fracture of T4 and T7. I recieved no treatment of any kind. For the past 10 years I have had managable pain to that area of my spine. Now it has changed!!!! Since Aug 2006, I have had excruciating pain in the thoracic area of my spine. I have tried anti-inflammatory meds, muscle relaxers and physical therapy all prescribed by my PCP. I have had no further xrays , MRI's etc since the initial report 10 years ago. Now here is the kicker. I am on pain management for another chronic condition. I use the duragesic patch plus actiq for break thru pain. My pain is well controlled for my other chonic condition which has nothing to do with my back or spine. However it has gotten to the point where the meds I take have no effect on the spine pain which makes me think something has seriously gone wrong in my thorasic area. My question is: what can an untreated compression fracture lead to? What type of Dr. should I seek out to figure out what is going on in my spine? Would this be some sort of disc problem? I am hesitant to discuss this with my PM, I don't want him to think I am med seeking since I am on a large dose anyway. By the way, my pain meds have remained at a stable dose for the past 5 years so I am truly not a med seeker. In your opinion, what kind of problems would an untreated compression fracture lead to? What is the usual treatment for a compression fracture? Any of you spineys that have some experince or answers would be appreciated. I'm not sure where to begin. The past treatments by the PCP did not work. Thanks in advance for your help.

Satchelle

Last edited by satchelle; 12-05-2006 at 09:25 PM. Reason: spelling
satchelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote