Thread: T cell counts
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

What I had tested were my CD4 and CD8 cells and other things with CD in front of them....(over my head immunology stuff). This did not have any Ig stuff....just T helpers and T suppressors....and ratios.

Actually quite a bit is known about sarcoidosis and neurosarcoidosis. They have several pretty good sites. What causes it is a mystery, as is the case with most autoimmune disease. I know my ratio is above 4, and that apparently is what they say is indicative of this disease....of course, I have so many systemic symptoms I don't even want to begin to rattle them off. (Bores folks) Often confused with Sjogren's Syndrome, shares a great deal of symptomotology. Given my seronegative Sjogren's diagnosis...hmm??? My mom just had a lung CT with a 'fungus' of unknown duration 'diagnosed'.

Two thirds get acute cases and one third chronic. Seems genetic, but environmentally triggered. Highest in southeastern US African Americans, then next come the Swedes and Irish. Thought to be vastly underdiagnosed in the US, in my opinion, this is because we become 'American' and lose our ethnicity, which is like losing identity medically speaking. Not enough consideration is given to 'ethnic' heritage.

My recent oncholysis kind of booted up the search. That only happens with a few systemic diseases. It narrowed things down a lot. That with my grossly lymphocytic labial salivary gland biopsy, apical lung changes, cardiac changes, arrhythmia, blah, blah, blah....hate to even go thru it all.

Ah, well, I am sure I will get some more 'work' done soon, and know more. An angiotensin converting enzyme test is needed next.

I was just wondering if any one else had T cell counts done and if they reflected a 'high ratio'.

I had not totally ruled this out as a possibility, just thought my blood was in general, 'normal' or 'seronegative'....well, it is normal, until some abnormal test comes in. It certainly reflects something autoimmune is going on. Goes to show you, clues can lurk anywhere.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote