View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 08:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpled View Post
I had an infection in my sphenoid sinus! Antibiotics do not work. I was on them forever. I got mine after pituitary surgery and the sinus closed up before everything had drained. It smelled awful. Hard to get away from a smell in your nose.

I hope a pituitary guy or someone with an endoscope is doing your surgery as they can see.

These were my instructions - yours may differ.

After the surgery, I had to keep the area cleaned out. It was er, not fun. I had to keep going back to the ENT for debridement. At home, I had to use a water pik with saline to shoot the saline up the nostril to get it way up there and clean things out. I did this by leaning over the tub as it was very mess and some giant things come out. They may fall out later (ugh) so carry around tissues. I was also using saline to keep my nose moist.

My husband says he has fond memories of the ENT taking a trip to the center of the earth so to speak... You may want someone to drive you to the ENT as the debridements can be painful - please consider taking pain pills beforehand. You should rest afterwards for at least a little bit. They reach in with long tools and pull out what they can. They do numb you as best they can but the tugging and all sometimes can give you a headache.

I go in for surgery on next tuesday the 17th. I have been dealing with this since late october and I am ready to be done. My surgeon doesnt think my symptoms are due to this infecton, but it has to be, I never felt like this before this sinus infection.

What symptoms did you have prior to surgery, did you have any of the vertigo, ear throbbing and extreme fatgigue?

thanks,

mitch
neednewback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
just drea (02-09-2009)