View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No kidding. I was browsing the net earlier myself to find out all of the medical lingo my Epileptologist threw at me today. It seems everything fits into place, which is so bizarre.

Honestly, I ignored my irregular heart rate. As a matter of fact, I can't recall the last time I even told a doctor I had MVP. I assumed since my seizures are from my brain, everything else is.

I'm still rather confused, as I am simply not savvy with hearts or anything pertaining to.

I'll try to explain in hopes it makes sense, I will probably mess up words (it's my 'thing'). I had a 4 1/2 day VEEG done to try and pinpoint my starting and finishing points of my seizures.

The results I was given today basically blamed everything on my heart (!!!). She said she's not positive, so I have to get some weird test on the 13th, but she feels confident.

Basically, this is how she broke it down. A total of 52 episodes (she used another name).

My blood pressure was around 70/40 - at that point, I would run a low grade fever, and within minutes my heart rate would go from ~90 up to 150. At that time, my seizure activity would begin.

So she is assuming some dysautonomic syncope and peripheral neuropathy (I guess they are linked together?).

Honestly, I don't get it. I am confused, but still bonding with my Google results in hope of some self-teaching. I found matches on some things, but not on others - so I think I'm hanging somewhere in between.

It's still bizarre how the heart can relate to so many random things.

I try to only read up on things that relate to me but not too deep. Mainly because I don't want to get into a self-diagnosis phase because I know how doctors are. You give them a suggestion, they think you are crazy or dramatic - or even worse, they laugh/roll eyes.

This is rather interesting to read about, though.

About sleeping/anxiety - I wish I weren't afraid to take pills (I have some weird paranoia about being addicted to pills, I'm just weird). I would love to have a good sound sleep.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote