View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 09:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Fentora is a sub lingual form of fentanyl. If you are familiar with actiq, it is alot like actiq except actiq comes on a stick that you rub against the side of your cheek. Fentora is a small lozenge that you place between your gum line and top molar and it dissolves in about 15-20 minutes. Fentora does not conatin sugar so it won't have any effect on your teeth. Actiq contains sugar and most people who use it have alot of decay problems. Also, you can use fentora without anyone knowing about it since it is inside your mouth. The actiq has a stick, so is is difficult to use actiq at work or in public since everyone will ask "what are you sucking on?" I have heard that Fentora tastes alot like baking soda (bland) whereas actiq has a nice sweet taste. I have been on actiq for 5 years and will be switching to fentora next month since my boss told me I can not use the actiq at work. This way with the fentora I can still use my med and my boss will never know HA HA.

Good luck with the fentora. It has been my experince that these sublingual form of meds work very well and very fast. They just don't work for very long and have to repeat more frequently than a pill of some type.

Satchelle
satchelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote