View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Both my Mom and I have Fibromyalgia. We found we were both have agony sleeping on our sides because of extreme pain in our hips. Turns out we both have bursitis in both our hips, an inflammation of the bursa, it is a type of arthritis, which she also has in her hands now. I get trigger point injections of a long term acting anesthesia and I think a steroid I'm not even sure, and it lasts for about 3 months. Covered by CDPHP and MVP usually. We think the arthritis my be creeping into her back but I'm stalking her about going to her appointments. she's 62 and I"m 34. Physical therapy Mom did for a year with no success. I did accupuncture and chiropractor with no success. I recommmend massage and a good orthopedic surgeon. Take it easy and take vitamins, I can recommend a few. Use heat and ice as whatever works for you and try tiger balm. It goes on warm and it feels awesome. And go soak in a hot tub at the Y. I just had thoracic fusion and 2 rods and 2 screws and I refuse to ever do a chiropractor ever again. No PT, they even said so, the surgeon, and my rheumatologist, said the same thing. If anyone has fibro, SAvella, the new drug comes out on the shelves in March. I already have my appointment. HOpe this helps. Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyd View Post
I had pain in back of hip that added thigh, knee and front of shin area to it. I tried inj. in back that helped with leg pain but not hip. Pain was worst when sitting or laying down. Am about to try physcial therapy and spinal decompression. Has anyone tried that yet? I have bad spots in L4 and sacral area.
Sambouka74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote