View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Caution

Hi, I'm Crystal, Please be careful with the chiro. I do believe in them to a point, but I just kinda lost my faith. Been going since I was a kid. I just had a thoracic fusion and a rod and 2 screws and he missed the herniated disc that was compressing the spinal cord. They said if I hadn't come in, I would have become completely paralyzed from the bra line down. And my chiro missed it for 7 months.

Trochanteric Bursitis to be exact if it's on the outside of the hip.
Been there done that.. MEAN pain for sure from the entire hip outside and roaring down the theigh. Both my mother and I have it. Tempurpedic mattress pad and tiger balm. cheapest help you can get on top of the shots.

Yeah, the PT doesn't help much. Please be careful with the chiro, the shots are so much safer. Get a massage instead. It'll help your whole body feel better and it's not going to do any harsh movements of your bones. I know the pain is awful, I recommend Ultram. But I'm a walking pharmacy. I was a medical receptionist for 9 years, so I know both sides of the game. I'm just waiting for the new drug for fibro, the SAvella to come out.
I have fibro, scoliosis, the 2 disc fusion, with a bulging disc directly below, I have degenerative disc disease. I have IBS, Migraines, dry eye syndrome, insomnia, post traumatic stress disorder, I can't even remember all of it, most of it related to the fibro or the PTSD. I hope some of this helps.
Sambouka74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote