View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Smile Hi again

Finally i am "allowed" to post again - i was under a self-imposed restriction this weekend, so i could get that employment application done. i'm rather amazed that i actually managed... NOT to procrastinate, and to act on a priority basis, with nobody but myself to dictate the process! wow!

it took much more work than i had anticipated. after looking over the past letters i had, i saw that i really needed to write a fresh cover letter for this position. it needed a lot of new content to render explicit skills and experiences that either do not belong or are not obvious in the resume. My old letters were pretty much useful only for the letterhead, and closing statement. the resume i also had to work on a bit to add in an older but REQUIRED work experience... which meant rewording and layout changes to get things to fit on one page again, sigh.

BUT I DID IT ALL AND NOW.... IT'S IN!!! Yaaayyyy!!!

Now... the waiting for the phone call... gulp.

I didn't get to do any of the other stuff i had "ideally" considered for the weekend - tidying, and that therapeutic dialogue. i may do the dialogue today but i want to see if i can find some writing samples to toss up on the web (that aren't too personal - therein lies the difficulty!) in case i am asked.

i really hope i get an interview.

Sharla,
it's nice to see you and i'm glad you have stabilized; i recall how you had been through a bad phase. hopefully 100mg of lamictal will do the trick, although many of us do go up to 200. it depends on the individual however. anyway, i have missed your funny posts. that was cool about your meeting that guy in Starbucks, and so cute about you both having ADHD and drinking coffee, LOL! I asked myself if you traded info to keep in touch... or maybe you have left it to fate... perhaps you will bump into each other at Starbucks again.

Bizi,
sorry to have disappeared on you ... i did peek in and saw that the LOST thread was active - i don't get that here. however i could not post or anything. no email, no IM. i really needed to focus on the job stuff...

but I am allowed some time on the forum again now so here i am.

it is wonderful you keep up with your yard so well... it must be lovely! Glad yesterday was warm. It was warmER here as well - but not that warm... i only wish...

So... did you enjoy the movie? I LOL'd at the guys watching the two year old. reminded me of the movie 3 men and a baby.

Mari,
how did you do this weekend? Did you get to the gym? I am so achey and i just know it is because i am out of shape... need exercise badly. Hopefully as spring comes in i will be more up for going for walks. Tramping around on ice with bronchitis/sinusitis-leading-to-the-former coming and going is NOT my idea of a good idea, so to to speak!

Donna,
if you are reading this, or anyone is on your behalf... i have been keeping you in my thoughts and sending you healing wishes hope you are recovering well.

and now............... off to dig for some docs... or maybe do that therapy writeup.

~ waves ~