View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 04:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jacquelina,

I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time. Flares are the worst aren't they. I find my flares are around when I'm extra stressed, anxious, or physically ill. Scented candles, visualization of beaches, favorite music, reading, meditating, praying, talking to my close childhood friends, I'm 60 and we moved away 10 years ago from the west coast to cacus country. I've RSD 12 years. Swimming and massages are two things that help me keep mobile, water needs to be 86 degrees. A warm soak in the tub with organic lavender etc.
'Feel Good' movies are a distraction too. My Dr. a neurologist, psychiatrist, pharmacologist
I've been seeing 5 years, is conservative on meds and we both agree an anti=anxiety med is good for me 3 times a day. It keeps my sympathetic nervous system is a more mellow state-steady. I have ptsd. You might ask your dr. how he feels about that type of drug to keep your nervous system more level? Remember flares do END, but I know they are not easy going thru. Take care and let us know how you are, Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote