Old 02-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I feel like I'm the only woman who wants "the change" to hurry up and happen.

I'm 48.....and while that's not old by today's standards I'm not planning on having anymore children so.......let's get on with the process!!! I'm tired of having this monthly "visitor" invade my space! It's not invited but seems to think it's okay to just keep showing up....sometimes unannounced.....just anytime it pleases.

Is anyone else just ready to move on to the next stage of life? I've done my time!! Enough already!! Phew......rant over. Is it hot in here to anyone else??
Yes, I know how you feel!

I was very liberated by menopause. All the horror stories women share! None of them happened to me. The only problem I had was some insomnia.

After I had been period free, for a year, my doctor ran some hormone tests and decreed...yep it was over. Then I went on vacation, and guess what? My breasts got sore, like old times and then one day... an unwanted visitor came! THAT was my last period!

Also I will warn you.... The GYN I was seeing told me when I was 47 that I wasn't ovulating anymore. So we stopped using protection, and I got pregnant. I lost it at 9 wks. So I would caution women to not believe their doctors, on some things.
The body is still able to FOOL YOU.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (02-09-2009), Kitty (02-09-2009), Koala77 (02-13-2009), LavandulaCanadensis (02-09-2009), Twinkletoes (02-13-2009)