View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 12:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslday View Post
Opps...forgot the photo of the pump, here it is.
I talked to the pain doctor that I am seeing now (not the psycho that I fired) who I love and she was open to my talking about options. She thought that trying this would be the least invasive way to try and get back. I'm not sure how long I am allowed on modified duty, but they do have it for my for some period. Until then, I have bee just trying to stay moving to some extent to the best of my ability around the house to try and regain my strength. She would consider other treatment options in light of this failing. It's good to hear that you are having such success with the Lidocaine pump.
Do you (or anyone) know of a place in the resources which list a) precautions that I need to take should I ever need surgery again and b) information that I can give my dentist about how my RSD impacts my dental care. She thought I had an abcess (I told her I didn't-no fever, no yucky taste, no drainage, no certain tooth that was sore and they are all three crowns), but put me on antibiotics anyway. I developed an intestinal disturbance called CDiff and now need two weeks of treatment for that. Not fun!
I really am betting on the TENS unit being enough to help me through working pain wise. I could of course take anything OTC in addition, but I just have to get back.
Thanks! You're such a support.
Lori Lee
llrn7470 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote