View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

i'm not sure if that will be enuf medicine for you but i've taken 1 mg of ativan and i'm out.

the mri will not hurt you in any way. the tech will give you directions about taking off jewlery etc. you can ask for ear buds for music if that will help you.
the sounds, even with ear plugs will be loud. for me i did a visualization of being in a forest with a running stream of water. i keep my eyes closed and think of that.

you should definitely tell the tech about your situation.
and, there are machines that are more open. you might ask your dr about them.

you will have to be very still. they do put a frame over your head to help you not move so they can get accurate films. i close my eyes so it's not a problem for me. but i'm not averse to tight places. i almost thought of it like
being warmly wrapped in the womb. but that may not be a relaxing picture for you.

anyway, sorry, i'm rambling. the techs are very good starting the iv's. the med goes in quickly, it's a small amt. you shouldn't feel anything. then they pull the iv out. and the iv needle is very small.

i think you'll be ok. remember to ask for a cd of your mri for your records when you're there. they just burn it and give it to you.

keep us posted.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote