View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

BlueMajo, don’t ever worry about posting a long post. When you need support its better to know more than less. I have posted a long on as well….I want to tell you about my daughter and her story of loss and coping.
I’m so sorry about what’s happening with your friendship. I have a daughter who is 23 who has had similar things happen and it has been so hard for her to pick herself up from. Recently she had to end a long relationship with a guy that she loves. They had actually planned on getting married someday. She knew she had to end it because he was very wrong for her but had not seen it until now.
Years ago when she first met him I told her that she was going down a wrong road. She got mad and just went on with the friendship so I had to learn to love him. And I did. He was becoming a son to me.
When she broke up she also lost a huge amount of friends that were his before they met him. She tried to hang out with these friends but then he would always be there and it would turn into a bad situation...he doesn’t want to let go. I told her that for a while she needed to take a rest from his friends. She didn’t like that but has done it.
One day she asked me if the hurt will ever go away. I told her what I told her when her dad left over 14 years ago. Today you can’t see an end to the pain a crying. You want to cry all day long and can’t think of anything but him. Then in a week you might find yourself only crying a few times a day. The sorrow would lessen day by day until you could see passed all the pain and start to live. Yes, you will always have all the good memories of the time spent together but one day they won’t hurt so bad to think of them.
Krista…my daughter came home Saturday night after hanging out with some of her old friends that she had before she met…him…she was so happy. She said that she hasn’t laughed so hard in her life…she was finally seeing through all the pain. I told her that I could see her…the person she was before him…coming back. Wow, I said, it’s so good to have you back. She didn’t realize how much she had changed her life to be with him. She had pulled out of College and everything, family, old friends and church. Yes, she threw her beliefs out for him.
He has called asking why and begging for a chance…now when he calls she doesn’t answer the phone. I know he is in a world of pain right now. He had to move home with his parents…hasn’t lived there for probably eight years. His Mom has cancer and has gone beyond all help. So he is at home with her during her last days. Maybe things are the way they are for reasons that we can’t see now but down the road can look back and see the good in all the madness.
I know that your situation and my daughters are different but they are both painful. I hope you can get down that road safely…we are here…pm’s me if you need to talk. Don’t worry about where you post or how long…that’s what NT is about, giving support and unconditional love to all of us in need. Remember, this is a day by day process. Only take on today and then put it to rest and look forward to tomorrow. You will make it…you will.
Now I need to apologize for the long post…

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

Last edited by tamiloo; 02-10-2009 at 03:35 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (02-09-2009), Chemar (02-11-2009), dorrie (02-26-2009)