View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I will never forget the first time my doctor prescribed Ambien for me. Since at that time, my insurance co-pay for this pill was low, I decided to try it.
This must have been 9 years ago.

I will never forget it as long as I live. I took an ambien at 10:30p.m. and by 11:00 I was nodding off and my son came in and turned off the television and said "mom, be at peace, you're going to sleep". (I'll never forget his words). And I slept till about 7;30 the next morning. I woke up just fine. No saggy awful drowsy feeling. I remember telling people "this is a gift", "you have no idea what it is like not to sleep and somebody gives you a gift".

Believe me if I could afford ambien I'd take it in a minute. My doctor (about 4 months ago) gave me samples of lunesta. Worked for 3 days then nothing.
I'll never use them again because they did nothing but give me a bad taste in my mouth.

But oh those Ambien days!!!!

melody

P.S. Ellie, I forgot to mention that I have an Aunt Sallie who is now 83 and lives in Florida. She is just fine but she has had a seizure disorder all her life. She would just fall and hit her face and be all black and blue. She has had every single test under the sun. They found nothing wrong with her brain, or anyplace else. They have no clue. She was on neurontin, and dilantin for a long time. (I have no idea if she is on anything now).
But she is having a ball in Florida. She joined up with a bunch of older ladies and they call themselves the crazy hat club (or something like that). Once a month they all put on the same color hats and go out to dinner and to a show. She's having the best golden years of anybody I know.
Should happen to us.
mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote