Thread: I'm new too! :)
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 05:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile I'm new too! :)

I just found this site, somehow. Anyway, I've suffered first from S.A.D. and then in the 90's I became clinically depressed and have been on antidepressants since, and have tried a few different kinds. They have been a life saver as when I hit that depression I couldn't get out of bed and at the same time Restless Leg Syndrome showed up. So I don't know if they are related and it has been recently that what I had, I called Dancing Legs had the name RLS.

Aspirin first took care of the RLS, then Restoril along with the antidepressants. Anyway, just about 6 years ago my 15 1/2 year old son, committed suicide and put me back in bed basically for a year, maybe not always in bed, but out of living the life I had before. In the meantime, I developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both hands from the stress I have been going through since my son's death.

Just last year Oct 15th I had surgery for Carpal tunnel for my left hand and Dec 26th, 2007 I had surgery for the same thing on my right hand. I'm doing so much better and wish I had done it sooner. Along with my grieving over my son's death, I went from 113lbs to 155lbs. I have since worked on getting back down, but not as easy as it use to be when I was younger.

Anyway, I'm happy to meet you all.
Christilyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-09-2009), azoyizes (02-09-2009), GmaSue (02-10-2009), graceb (02-10-2009)