View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Meowrie,

The increased electrical activity in your brain should be explained by the neurologist. Perhaps it was a short slight burst, I don't know. Either way, you are more vulnerable to seizure activity. Whether on anti-epileptic medicine or not, those prone to abnormal electrical activity must take further precautions: avoid drinking alcohol, get a solid night of sleep every night, manage stress in healthy ways (exercise, clean, art, talk, etc.), avoid black licorice...and I think that's it.

Your nightmare was just that - a nightmare. I'd think about a thing happening within your life that impends doom. You are highly descriptive, which is great because it leads to clues of what's bothering you! Once you determine what your main source of anxiety stems from, you can then work upon resolving your fears. You'll feel better!

There are 30+ seizure types out there. I know of none that would have that effect. *Most people* are completely unaware of seizures that occur during sleep. They may feel a little strange and weak when they awaken, but that's it.

http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org
Lots of very informative info on this site for those who do and don't have epilepsy. Check it out sometime.
Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (10-21-2009), meowrie (02-11-2009)