View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 01:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused New and confused - advice needed

Hi there;
Usually I am on the RSD forum as i have it in my knee. But I have had a few ongoing problems my nuerologist has been following. In 2004, I was extremely ill with a virus no one could figure out. During this time, the dr ordered an MRI which showed white lesions. I was not experiencing any problems so the dr said we would watch for more symptoms of MS. I have gone in for a followup MRI recently which i am awaiting the tech to compare the MRI's. My problem is that on Friday nite I had severe stabbing pain in my right eye (which I have had several times in the past and never followed up on). But then my face on the same side became numb, and felt like pins and needles. It stayed this way until Sunday. I was planning on calling my Neurologist on Monday - did not want to make an ER visit on the weekend. Could this be a symptom of MS? The only other thing I have going on that I can't explain is twitching (jerks) of my body. It started out at nite -before I fell asleep and the dr thought it was RL and put me on meds. But this weekend my whole body was taking turns giving quick little jerks - lasted quite a while and not just in the evening. I have read MS threads, but am confused at what it takes for a person to be diagnosed with MS. Thank you for reading and if you can give advice - thanks. PS - anything specific I should ask the dr when I see her?

Lindkaye
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (02-10-2009), SallyC (02-10-2009)