View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am so sorry that you ever have to know what the word MS means. The thing is, it means so many things to so many people. For some it means a dropped foot, and a dragging leg. For some it mean optic neuritis, and visual issues, for others it means some MD tells them they have lesion in their brain, and no sx at all. The thing is, its NOT the same for most of the population. its very hard to say XYZ is going to happen at ABC time. its so fluid, and scattered.

The eye pain could be nothing more than stress, or could be as serious as optic neuritis. i know I have had ON, and it was painful. I felt like the knife stayed IN my eye. It was painful to move my eyeball from side to side, or up and down. My vision was shattered, and double. It was awful! I also know that I have anxiety flare ups that can take some of my smaller sx, and turn them into monsters, and make me lay in bed assured that the end is near.

The best thing you can do is exactly what you are doing. Allow the MDs a chance to compare one film to the other. Are you collecting more lesions? are you collecting more sx? Are you living inside your own head so much that you have paralyzed yourself? I hate when I do that to myself. If your visual sx keep up, and the pain/numbness continues, please seek medical care. You must realize that the majority of MS is not an emergency. This is a slow disease that creeps along and slowly does its damage to the majority of its victims. Optic neuritis is one of the only exceptions to that. Do you have double vision? Do you have pain that is greater than 7 on the 1-10 pain scale? its better to go to the MD and be told its nothing, than to sit home and learn it was ON, and you did damage. A simple exam that is non invasive will be able to show that, if your MRI was in the last week, it should show up on the film. Ask them to search your MRI for signs of it.

I hope you feel better, and get some answers.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote