View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 01:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bone Graft for dental implant

Hi Bryanna:
I wish I had found this web site before proceeding with dental implants your comments and advise are so helpful!
However, I now have had my 4 top front teeth removed and titanium posts screwed into the sockets plus some graft material was used. This was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I find the strange salty taste I now experience very unpleasant. At first I thought it may have something to do with the stitches but they came out a week ago and the taste persists. The dentist says this will go away in time and it is from the bone graft material. I did not enquire what material was used for the graft. Your comments on this would be most appreciated, I happen to dislike this salty taste as I don't use salt. Is it usual and does it normally go away in time?
Over one tooth the gums are not closed over yet so I hope they will grow together in time at my last visit the dentist used lazer treatment in that area to encourage healing. I am comfortable with the lazer having experienced wonderful results from lazer treatment to heal an open wound on my leg which was not healing after a heamatoma a couple of years ago.
Regards Judith C
Judith C is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote