View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

So I'm a bit confused... nothing new there LOL.

Ok so the Dr report was from and IME only.
They aren't really there to treat you or really find any problems, if something does show on a test or xray or MRI they will prefer to point to that as a possible cause and not the job or soft tissue etc...

200 miles away that is nuts!!!
If they require you to go that far they better transport & meals and a overnight stay would be nice.

If you have a strong dr on your side they would write that you cannot travel long distances like that. Due to pain and increase of sx.

Do you have a Dr treating you on your side at this point?
your atty should have list of preferred drs to send you to if not...
You need some drs on your side to dispute the crud the iME reports.

Is there other options for wc attys in your area?

even if you have no private health ins I think things{bills} can be put on hold while the case is pending or in appeal???

This is a workers comp claim correct??
States do vary with rules ad such - but you should be able to get treatments and put the bills on hold till the case is finalized.
That's how it worked in my instance.
was denied after awhile and then atty wrote a letter to billing to put them on hold, at the time I did have my pvt ins still to put down as secondary- to please the billing people.

the bills got paid some deducted from the settlement, some from my pvt ins and the rest I paid and claimed as a med deduction on taxes.

Actually it was kind of a confusing mess for awhile.
after my wc atty got his cut he didn't really take any time to help me follow up with the billing part even though he said he would..

Maybe someone with more knowledge of wc has better ideas...

since something was found @ c spine did you get a copy of your MRI ? It's kind of fun to look at them your self.
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-10-2009), gibbrn (02-10-2009)