View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 12:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm not exactly sure what got this thread going again, but about OBT and JL and charity:

I have found all his posts related to his soliciting and collecting money from us, and see differences in what was reported to US, vs what was reported to the Second Life folk.

It is clear from what he wrote online that he took money from a nonprofit and used it on a commercial site to buy land for an endeavour that one could hardly therapeutic.

I believe it is fraud, and when I get a minute, and remember, I want to send the info on to the regulotory commission of Mass Charities. Unfortunately, I had hunted it all down for NY, then forgot to hunt for who to report fraud to in Mass.

I was rather taken aback at the responses of my computer literate, geeky friends. They found the things he wrote to us a bunch of gobbledygook which made a simple problem seem incredibly expensive, and then, somehow, managed to still not solve it. He had promised, for instance, that he was buying, and bought, elaborate backup mechanisms for the database. Which then somehow disappeared.

I feel conned into giving money to him.

I am also sorry at how many people still post over there, and theydo have a lot of acivity, because it's all just support for John, the great community builder, who is making gobs of money at Second Life. Personally, I don't think he's done a great job of building a community (rather a fascist state), and when I check over there from time to time I see he has virtually nothing to do with it. He never explained what happened, and doesn't come back to talk with folk. He's got a great job now.

I think this link will take you to the road I followed to the "smoking gun" of the misuse of charitable donations for personal profit. Please remember, building an island on Second Life to attract aspies is NOT a therapeutic activity. It is a fun thing for aspies to do, and is another market for the Second Life product.

If interested:

http://www.lizajane.org/PN/Users/liz...ester File.doc

It's long, butt he salient things are highlighted.

Anybody will knowledge of who monitors massachusetts charities, I'd be happy to hear from.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst

Last edited by LizaJane; 12-06-2006 at 02:02 PM.
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote