View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member

oh, I left off the one Rochelle wanted me to write about!

my friend discovered at the beginning of last fall that her husband had moved a young chippie into their home and bed, while she was working here in Belize.

she flew north to confront him, that didn't go well, and on her way back, she was assaulted at knife-point, robbed, and nearly raped before help arrived.

she came to us a total MESS, and I let her stay here (in our tiny cabana guesthouse) for 9 weeks.

I kept making excuses for her inconsiderate behaviour (she needs help. she needs time, she's hurting) she drank up the cases of beer I keep on hand for guests... (we rarely imbibe) and so, it went on and on and on.

then, she began saying she didn't want to LIVE anymore, and I finally had to lay it on the line, as my physical and mental health was at stake.

she wasn't picking up after herself, nor assisting with the farm, nor contributing to overhead (power, water, etc.) and all she was was a DRAIN.

yet she always had money for eating out, travelling, and partying... and it got so I built up a resentment mountain in my heart.

there was no way in Hades I could deal with a crying miserable suicidal friend any longer, so I had to show her the gate.

"Goodbye, we love you, but you need PROFESSIONAL HELP, and we can't give it to you here!"

she's off now sailing the Caribbean, as crew on a ship, and I'm pretty sure she'll "forget" to ever pay us back for her 9 weeks of meals and lodging.

:sigh:

that's the last time anyone will ever take advantage of my generosity.

good though, Melody... to hear how your Dad blossomed, that's amazing.

Curious (02-10-2009), MelodyL (02-10-2009), Twinkletoes (02-12-2009)