View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 05:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Traveling with SD

My husband and I traveled from Phoenix AZ to Seattle WA and back again a month later....toting two hearing assist dogs, both small and were carried, the airport people on both ends were wonderful, and the airlnes fantastic, we flew Alaska Airlines. Going to Seattle neither dog made a sound, Bearbear pawed my arm a couple times to let me know of a buzzer or alarm going off, aside from that they slept the whole trip. Going back to Phoenix, midway through the flight, I'm guess that Bearbear had fallen asleep and someone kicked the seat back startling him, he let out one short, sharp bark, and he crawled out of his tote into my arms and went back to sleep, the tote was too warm for him. The flight attendants came by my seat to say hello to him
and they wanted to offer the dogs a warm cookie, but they don't get people food. Bearbear has always slept with me, alerting to sounds I might miss, and he put his head on my shoulder and stayed that way the remainer of the trip....we usually wait till last to get off, and as people passed our seat they saw that there indeed WAS a dog on board that had barked just one time.
To alert me, Bearbear either noses me, or presses up against me and grumbles, letting me feel the vibration....sometimes he'll lay a paw on my arm.
Our Dr's office even welcomes the dogs....we live in washington now, we drove back so we could have our truck with us.

Ever alert to our needs, they nap nearby at a craft sale, they are with us every place we go....

CrystalSword is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote