Thread: Our docs
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 12:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It is about responsibility.

Don't you agree that ultimatley what it comes down to is that people refuse to take responsibility for their own health and healing? I am certainly not intending to imply a blanket statement here!
You need to be pro-active about your health. Follow your intuition, and listen to your gut ALONG with the medical opinions. You need to do your research, gather your information, and make your decision.
Ultimately, you need to be confident enough when you make that decision, to accept the consequences of your decision. If you have been responsible in educating yourself, and not expecting your doctor to be GOD, then you should be confident in your opinion.
We really need to remember that doctors are people too. There are more good people in this world than bad(in my sincere belief). People make mistakes, have bad days and bad things happen. We need to take control of our own lives, and not blame others for our misfortune.

Be responsible. Be pro-active. Get educated. Stop playing the blame game.

I never want anyone to get hurt. I think we all agree on that. I need to stay on the positive! I made the decision to have the surgery after a lot of research on here, and other places. If this doesn't work out. If I don't get better, it is NOT my doctor's fault. We work together as a team to try to acheive a positive outcome. If you are not an active part of your own health care team, you need to become one.
Now I am done my rant. All I want to see is everyone here to feel better and stay positive.
Love you all,
Tracy

Last edited by trix; 12-06-2006 at 12:41 AM. Reason: spelling
trix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote