View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 06:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't have insurance and extra money these days but ...

I was able to get some testing by and direct questions answered by a neuro.

My main concern was ..... how long am I going to be able to walk. That (in my case) was actually ...... how much longer am I going to be able to ride. I've had a motorcycle (or two or three) for 50 years now. That is my main way to clear my head. There is nothing in the world (to me) like getting my face in the wind after a winter.

I don't leave the house all that much (no need to) so when I do - I want to enjoy it.

He said "none of my PN patients can not walk - none are even in a wheelchair". That to me was good news.

Reading between the lines ...... I think what he really said was - you will be gone before the PN gets that bad.

There is nothing really all that wrong with me (other than the PN) but .. I am 63 years old. I took it as ...... PN will not be the cause - if I am ever unable to walk.

I think he told me the truth as he saw it.

----------

Back in 1981 when tinitus came over me (screaming in my ears). I ask a well known expert on it ........... how bad is this going to get. I was afraid it would end up getting worse and making me go out of my mind.

He had a (humm look on his face) and said.

I've never know it to get worse ...........

All of these years later - it has not changed one single bit.

I believed the ear Dr (about the noise in my ears) and believed the neuro about me losing my ability to walk.

I don't believe everything I am told but ..... in both of those cases - I saw the honesty come over their face and eyes - when ask a direct question.
Ron9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote