View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

i didn't have time to explain as we we had a bad storm moving in as i was typing. quite a lot of hail,wind, and noise LOL.... ANYWAY....
my fil has been seeing colored shapes again. the last time this happened was when his blood level was at 4! we thought it may have ben related so we asked the place he lives at to get the nurse to take a blood sample and send it off to be checked out. Rick called around 10:00 to see if they'd heard anything, and the nurse asked him if he was at the hospital with his dad!!!!
Neither rick nor I was told he was in the hospital!!! they said they sent him there at 8:00 because he had fallen. I went by the museum and picked rick up and we went to the ER to see what was going on. long story short he busted his eye brow open and they said he had a mild concussion.
He was totally confused, disoriented and was talking to things that weren't there. They said they had not given him any pain medicine but all the tests they did came back ok. anyway they sent him home but said we were to keep him awake for the next 12 hours. the place he lives at said they couldn't do that, which i understand but they were really rude about it. told us if my fil didn't stop seeing colored shapes that he was going to have to move.
His eye dr said he thinks it has something to do with a leaky vein in his brain but he has to have a special kind of MRI to find out for sure and at that time my fil said no.
We're not for sure what our next move is going to be. my fil seems to be doing better, but i'm still uneasy about taking him back to his apartment tonight. If I knew for sure that he'd go to bed and stay there and not get up then I wouldn't be so concerned. Rick may have to stay the night with him tonight. He says hes not staying the night here because he wants to sleep in his own bed. I dont blame him. He's been through alot today.
Thats a semi version of what is going on. I think round two of the storm is getting ready to blow through so i guess i'd better get off the computer.
{{{HUGS}}}} and thanks for your prayers...

FeelinGoofy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-10-2009), barbo (02-11-2009), Burntmarshmallow (02-10-2009), Curious (02-10-2009), Koala77 (02-10-2009), Lara (02-10-2009), mistiis (02-11-2009), who moi (02-11-2009), ~scrabble (02-10-2009)