View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 12:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The folks I was less than impressed with at Mayo were the rheumatologists. They were just unkind to me. Well, I shojuldn'at say "they", it was just one.

But there was a guy whose field is Sjogren's. Did you get him? What is he saying about IVIG rather than the stuff you've been geting?

Aw, tell us later, maybe over the weekend, when you get to wind down a bit. Maybe rent some videos from the front desk of the hotel.

I know you must be totally wiped out. The sweat test they do is bizarre, to say the least, but it does prove autonomic neuropathy qutie well.

What to say? Treat yourself to something nice. There's a woman who works in the Russian store in the basement mall who gave me a good therapeutic massage. Turned out she did an "exorcism". It was Passover, and I'm Jewish, and she kept saying she was alarmed that she kept pulling worms out of my head. She said there's something I won't let go of. I suggested my ex. We focussed on my letting go of him, and shejumped back in surprise--No, I'm wrong, she shouted. It's not that you won't let him go, it's that he won't let YOU go. She had me picture him, on a cross, and then paint the cross gold and red. This on Passover. I thought it was rather bizarre, but I did picture him. And suddenly, the image became vacuumed out of myimaginary image, anda big wind pulled him, then opened my mouth, wide and wider. As my mouth opened more than I'd imagine, and I was making odd sounds, my jaw cracked.

And 15 years of TMJ which started with marriage were cured. Never to return again. So, I'm probably the only straight-laced Jewish lady from Brooklyn who had a christian exorcism on Passover in the Mayo Clinic, only to be cured of her TMJ!

Though I must say, as a massage it was rather mediocre!

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote