View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face Jacquelina new-old member lol

Hello everyone… My name is Jacquelina… I have RSD and TOS…. I was diagnosed around 2 years ago for the TOS… I was in constant pain with the TOS for almost 7 years.. Only took them long enough to diagnosis it… Following that I started having swelling and skin color changed., flowed by sweating profusely…. 3 months after my TOS dx came the RSD one.. I was dx with Bilateral TOS and RSD on the right side…

I cant tell which symptoms belong to what condition … The worst one or at least as of lately:

-I am having swelling that starts from elbow up to the shoulder… Like 4x normal size.. And the bottom half of my arm from the elbow down is just white..
-swelling
-hot all the time/ with just the tips of my finger swelling.. And very cold..
-skin hot to the touch
-Molted skin changes
-Depression
-Trouble holding and writing things
-Pain levels in the high 9-10 for the last month..
-Pain from the surgical site
-Under neither my armpit is so sensitive I can barley stand to put deodorant on … and most days I don’t because of pain..
-this is one of the most painful parts…
-I will have episodes where my hand will cramp up so tight I can get it on done..
-Fire feeling in my arm of course…
-Intense burning numb pain … sometimes it feels like I am sticking my hands in glass….

Those are the symptoms I can think of right now… As for things I have tried.. I have had 4 blocks with relief for only a few hours… I have had a right rib resection with removal of part of the scalene muscle.. No relife from that what so ever.. Actually made things worst for me I think…The surgery its self was very painful and with the high tolerance to meds that didn’t help the pain at all.. I have had 3 keatmine injections… I have tried 8 different types of physical therapy and have swore to my pain doctor I will never have PT done again.. My god is it painful and ineffective… NEVER EVER AGAIN WITH THAT LOL… unless I go forth with the possible 2 rib resection on the other side then I will do pt for that part I guess..

Right now I am currently on the following meds::
Percocet 6 daily
Opana 60 mg
Topmax
Neroutin 1600 mgs a day
Hydroxine
Levythorixine
Flexiral
Allergy meds
Volatar gel
Cymbalta
Blood pressure meds Metropol
And vitamins… Milk thistle, vitamin E, calcium, flax seed, olive leaf, lysine, Fish oil, and some other ones… *** but may I suggest that all of us start taking the milk thistle.. It is great great great for your liver.. And with the medications we are all on we for sure could use something to help clear that out… I don’t know how exactly it works but my doc suggested it..