View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 12:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default OT- food for thought....

Something happened today that made me think that maybe it was a good time for a reminder as far as test results from a doctor's office. My DIL got a call from her mother, saying that a nurse from her mother's (DIL's gr'mother) urologist's office had called her. I don't know exactly why the nurse had been going through some charts, but she had come across the gr'mother's chart and at the bottom of a report on an ultrasound that the gr'mother had had 6 MONTHS AGO, of her abdominal area and kidneys, was written "renal cell carcinoma- patient needs MRI immediately".....The doctor had supposedly told her that nothing was wrong with her and nobody had ever called her from that office to tell her this! So here it is 6 mos. later and they're just now finding this out....BTW, when she first went in to see this dr. after having some kidney problems for quite awhile, he did nothing but a dip-test and told her that there was nothing wrong with her and that she probably drank too much! She doesn't drink at all! HELLO?! So, people please, if you don't get a call from your dr.'s office about tests you've had done, CALL THEM YOURSELF just to make sure! I always do this- you never know what can slip through the cracks....
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote