View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Ann I just realized

Ann,
I just realized you were talking perhaps about the loss of bruit test.
I do see your point as from support group Dr. Togut has told us that many NON-TOS patients have a positive response, and other TOS folks it can be unrealiable.

I meant in the testing of positonal; like the arms up in the stick up position, the one arm outstretched and look the other way. Looking upward, down and side to side. Also, the pin picks, with a one tip, two tip, and three or four tip point to determine lack of sensation to dull and sharp etc. This can take well over an hour or more to do the testing.

Can you imagine having a feather touch your skin and make it hurt, or a pin on it and it feels soft? This is a TOSer though. Sensory nerves are the first affected. The long term affect of Allodynia or RSD (CRPS I & II).

There are so many hands on test, to just use an unrealiable bruit one is a doctors lack of training.
I do however enjoy when the IME doctors are so inexperianced they base their total findings on this. An excellant start for a good knowledgeable doctor to discredit them.

Detailed history, hands on, replicating the numbness, pins and needles, tracing the paths of response when pressing on the brachial plexus are all a total look of the patient diagx. Good to if the EMG is is positive, or in vascular there are finding s to also support. Just for some that is not the case.

I think after the self learned information from sahring, reading and first hand experiance, we do find ourself more informed then much of the medical community to our situations.

Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote