View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 PM
buckwheat

buckwheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
I might respectfully add, sedimention rate (as is c-reactive protein) is a relatively non-specific test that is never ordered by itself. By itself, it means practically nothing. It could signify an inflammatory situation that is, or has occurred as it will remain high even after the problem has passed, so I guess the my point is that it is ordered as part of a panel that was obtained to confirm certain clinical findings. A positive sed rate in conjunction with other positive tests on the same panel, might have a more definitive and meaningful trend. Sedimentation rate usually is not very significant until it is approaching 2-4x normal and even then, is usually re-run to rule out false positives. So I am not sure where that was going...
Hi,

I hope these lines find you doing well. I am sure they are keeping her vitals stable and doing what they can for that. But in my own case I had Endocarditis, the only thing that showed up was an elevated sed rate. I was DX with Bartonella, with a neg.-blood test.

From my own walk, their are much more false neg-, than positives. I am very thankful I had MD's that knew what they were doing. Hugs, Roz

Last edited by buckwheat; 02-10-2009 at 11:26 PM.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote