View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I've had more MRIs than the senate has arguements! I am glad that I'm not claustrophibic at all. I have never had anything but wonderful staff assist me and let me know that they are on the other side of the glass and all I have to do is call out and they will do anything the can to help. I would not hesitate to have another one tomorrow if I needed it!

These are my recomendations:
Be confortable. If that means warm then I make sure I wear my socks, sleep pants and ask for a blanket.

Keep your mind busy. I bring my own music. I love the 'soundscape' type music. I can hear the tide rush in and out, or light rain. Sometimes if it is done the right way even light rumbling thunder sounds relaxing. My personal favorite is the Dino 'peace' series, but that's pretty old and hard to find. I did get tired of it the week I had about 7 MRIs in one week. He personally wrote them when he realized that peaceful music along with the sounds of nature helped his daughter relax and be pain free.

As far as the noise the machine makes. It is what it is. The ear buds really didn't help me. One time I imagined that it was all part of a video game and I was actually inside the game and part of it. It was quite amusing.

Good luck! Enjoy the meds!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote