View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 09:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I get that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCjuggler View Post
Hi Guys,

I've recently had a flare up, shooting/stabbing pains down my lower back and legs.

Anyway, this caused the allodynia to get worse, but i've developed what i would class as weird as now everything feels weird.

For instance, when i get dressed, it feels as if i can feel -all- the small fibres on the top, like its too -fluffy- or something, it feels soo weird against my skin, feel it on my bed sheet/quilt too.

Is this normal in neuropathy? i dont like it!!!
I get it too... varies on sensitivity.... I've got used to it now, though. I've tried to explain some of the sensations to friends... one strange feeling is almost a remembrance of childhood...

When I was a child we would go walking across the fields, in our wellington boots. Anyway, often we would walk through puddles that were much deeper than we thought... and the water would rise so high it filled up the boots.

So you ended walking a fair way with cold water slooshing around your calves... and then once you'd emptied them, you still had to walk along with cold, wet calves all the way home.

I get a lot of that sensation... I call it getting the wellies... at first it was very disconcerting, but now its just there.

I hope yours clears up soon. Good luck.
susanjpullen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote