View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Erin,
I'm afraid I'm no real help either, but I'll offer lots of sympathy. I remember when i watched Michael Moore's film Sicko and I realised I would never be able to live in the States. It made me sad to think there was this whole beautiful country I could never experience.

I was initially diagnosed in Canada and had excellent coverage because I was a student and my parents were both teachers (government employees). Now I'm living in Scotland and have a huge appreciation for the NHS. A lot of people slam the health service over here, but I think it's excellent! Granted some things are a bit funny - for example it is cheaper for them if I take 2 x 20mg of Omezapraole rather than 1 x 40 mg tablet of the same. I figure it's a small inconvience. I pay something like £55 a year and all my prescription meds are covered.

One thing you might try: I remember when i was first diagnosed I got a letter from the MGA and there was a discount coupon for Mestinon included. I thought it was REALLY funny at the time! Maybe they are still offering deals through the association? It would be worth a shot.

Take care of yourself! Money really is the bain of my existance.
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote