Thread: T cell counts
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I am going in for a few additional tests and scans. Elevated T helper cells, with low suppressor cells occur in very few diseases. Neurosarcoidosis is one of them. There is plenty of info on the net regarding neurosarcoidosis, which does manifest as peripheral neuropathy. To be honest, this disease was not one that I seriously considered.....it crossed my mind, but, I blew it off. I guess I did not know enough about it.

Pulmonary sarc gets the most press. (I do have pulmonary changes on CT). However, neurosarc is out there, underdiagnosed, and should be one of those diseases ruled out right away.

For me, PN was never the only issue, so there was a higher level of suspicion that a systemic disease was involved.

Add to this a physician diagnosed case of Lyme, caught while acute but likely not treated well enough, and neurosarcoidosis is not such a long shot after all.

If you are sick with more than PN, you can get two simple blood tests, a T cell panel and an ACE, angiotensin converting enzyme test. T cell ratio is always high or elevated in Sarcoidosis, neurosarc or non-neuro. (Most neurosarc is also systemic sarc-but not always.)

This will be an interesting month.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote