View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Judith,

Thanks for the kind words...... I do try very hard to be informative and I know I don't always share the best of news......:-(( But I believe everyone has the right to be informed as much as possible.

Would you mind sharing a little bit more information? It may help me understand your situation a little better.

1) Why were the teeth removed? Had they been root canaled previously or had any of them had apicoectomy surgery? Were they abcessed? Do you have periodontal disease?

2) Were the implants placed immediately at the time of the extractions? If not, did you wear a partial denture or have a temporary bridge during the healing phase from the extractions?

3) If the implants were not immediate, was the bone graft material placed at the time of the extractions or at the time of the implant placement?

4) What are you wearing in that space now?

5) Your quote: <<Over one tooth the gums are not closed over yet so I hope they will grow together in time >> Do you mean the one "implant" is exposed through the gum tissue??

Laser therapy can be very successful in many circumstances, as you well know from your leg wound. However, I am curious as to what the dentist used the laser on if the gum tissue is not closed over the "implant".

If you wouldn't mind sharing a bit more with us, I may be able to offer you some insight as to what that salty taste is.... ~'.'~

Bryanna

3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith C View Post
Hi Bryanna:
I wish I had found this web site before proceeding with dental implants your comments and advise are so helpful!
However, I now have had my 4 top front teeth removed and titanium posts screwed into the sockets plus some graft material was used. This was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I find the strange salty taste I now experience very unpleasant. At first I thought it may have something to do with the stitches but they came out a week ago and the taste persists. The dentist says this will go away in time and it is from the bone graft material. I did not enquire what material was used for the graft. Your comments on this would be most appreciated, I happen to dislike this salty taste as I don't use salt. Is it usual and does it normally go away in time?
Over one tooth the gums are not closed over yet so I hope they will grow together in time at my last visit the dentist used lazer treatment in that area to encourage healing. I am comfortable with the lazer having experienced wonderful results from lazer treatment to heal an open wound on my leg which was not healing after a heamatoma a couple of years ago.
Regards Judith C
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote