Thread: Methadone
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 06:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiehub View Post
Thanks so much for your reply- you made me feel so much better- He is prescribing me 5mg and I told him I will probably cut it in 1/2. I have not been on much as far as pain meds so my tolerance is very low. If I take 1/2 a vicodin I am buzzed. So I will try not to be scared to take 2.5mg I visit the doc next week again- he did sound very knowledgeable.

Hugs
Debbie
I have taken many different pain medications and find that the methadone is the easiest to tolerate and just helps with the pain without any weird side affects, I also take percocet for break through pain. The one think you do have to be careful with the methadone is if you take any other type of anxiety medication your pharmacist might be able to explain it better then I. The reason for that is that both methadone and anxiety medications slow down the heart rate so you just have to be careful. As I said previously the methadone works the best so it doesn't make other symptons come on which cuts down on other meds. In my opinion it's a win win situation. Also methadone is very inexpensive. I have been on 6 or 7 medications at one time in the past but since I started the methadone all I take is the methadone and percocet for break through. It feels good to look in my medicine cabinet and not see 10 bottles of medication, that was depressing me in itself. It works the best for me. Good Luck....

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote