View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you Tara. I share your frustration. Even when I MET with the neurosurgeon, all of a sudden the 'rules' and 'outcomes' changed because my situation was considered so 'atypical'. He even went so far as to say to me "I'm not even 100% positive this pain originates solely from TN".

As far as the medicine cocktail was concerned, that was very low on my 'want to do' list. And now that we have a partial success from the MVD, it looks like I might need to still medicate the nerve damage at the front of my teeth from the oral surgeries. I'm not looking forward to that, but apparently is might be more manageable than the pain from the nerve root. At least the BIG monster is gone, and I no longer have the ax in my face every time my heartbeat goes up the slightest (ie: the artery compressing my trigeminal nerve was flaring up the TN every time my heartbeat went up).

I'm also really pleased that the hypersensitivity to cold air and cold foods has settled down. GIMME THAT ICE CREAM!

I guess more than anything I wanted a TOTAL FIX of this problem. That hasn't happened. But maybe (and I truly hope so) the pain I am left with is more easily managed.

My suggestion to you would be to be very assertive with the neurologists and neurosurgeons: keep pushing for answers, and try and get the very BEST surgeon you can, should you go the MVD route. Don't settle for someone who does a dozen a year, but someone who does them all the time.

Best of luck!

Cat
NanaCat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote