Thread: Methadone
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 10:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

2.5 mg is probably plenty for a first try. Some people find it a powerful analgesic. It has an odd effect on me. Rather than relieving my pain when I take it it eases it the following day. The doc wanted me to get up to 80mg to install the pump but I couldn't even come close. I couldn't take it every day without getting panic attacks when it started wearing off.

Do be very careful with this at first. It is extremely constipating. It is best to take this with metamusil and lots of water. Take a little senecot at night. You might want to have suppositories on hand just in case. There might be some small chance that constipation is related to diverticulosis so be forewarned.

I'd get a little "stoned" on the methadone which I didn't really want but it actually became a little pleasant over time, perhaps since I associated with pain relief. I did get addicted but it wasn't too hard to kick. I am afraid to go back on it but ONLY because I liked it and consider it a last resort.

WC Fields said a man without vices is like a sinking ship with no ballast to throw overboard. I'd say a man on his last "vice" can't afford to be a sinking ship.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote