Old 02-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Well I've been on the SAMe for just on a week now, taking 400mg in the morning. And I'm thinking that i can feel an improvement already!
Had a full day out yesterday, then spent an hour cooking a large stir-fry, and I'm fine. Normally I'd be in bed with a thumping neckache.
I have abusy few days coming up to put it to the test.
I think you are showing the initial improvements. I think these are mostly mood oriented. With chronic pain, there is some depression and when that lifts a bit, the pain improves. When I did my light visor the first season, I had enormous pain improvements too.

In the studies it took about 3 months for SAMe to really get rolling for most people.

I on the other hand am trying a wean off of it. After 10 yrs, I would like to spend that $$ on some other things that I need, specifically the d-chiro inositol.

So far so good, but my knee did flare day before yesterday, but I put on some Salonpas OTC patches and it is better today.
I am using a specifically designed curcumin to see if that can take over for the SAMe. I might have to go back to the SAMe it appears.

I think overall, SAMe is a great intervention for some people.
When it works it is spectacular, especially in the older patients.

Thanks for the update, Peter. Keep 'em coming!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote