View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 06:03 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I've posted up in the...

'Stickies' a site about 'dermatology'. Go to the left index and click on to the diabetic neuropathy part and cruise thru the whole thing.
Your nerves send signals to your brain that in turn go to your lymphatic and vascular systems to regulate your skin and body temperatures, as well as how much blood should be going to your extremities, and things such as sweating or skin moisture are affected. Your brain is getting scrambled signals from your peripheral nerves which in turn send botched signals to your other systems in keeping the 'good' blance.
As a result, many folks can feel super hot, super cold and not really be either OR they can be really hot or cold and the body is not able to do anything about it internally.
I for one have a system that says COLD all the time. I know someone w/MS who has a system that says HOT all the time. It's those pesky messed up signals in my book.
If it were happening to me, what's happening to you tho....and it happens more than once. I'd put in a call to my neuro and leave the question of ' Is THISnormal? ' He may want to see you or discuss it with you at your next appt. Keep a record of exactly what all happened before, during and after these 'events' so the doc can get a fuller handle on the normal or not normal circumstances in the before, during and after. That extra detail could be useful...or not.
As for the MEMORY thing---I ALWAYS blame it on the meds...It's a distinct possibility and as good an excuse as any. I gives me an excuse for being a complete idiot as long as folks know in advance
OK Next Question? - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote