View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 08:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default pcs tbi abi dbi

hi tommy its confusing pcs tbi abi dbi Post Concussion Syndrome is the group of symptoms . sorry but the time it takes to recover its as long as a piece of string, and it can be associated with all head injury,s abi aqiured brain injury eg not born with it, repeated concussion can cause abi like a punch drunk boxer , dbi defused or discreet brain injury caused buy the shock wave from an impact ,breaking connections in the brain, that don,t show up on ct/mri and are not limited to the impact site . tbi Traumatic Brain Injury normally associated with loss of brain matter but by trauma

I am the docs can,t say how long but the 2 years is a kinda bench mark but thats not to say we cant get more function back ,but its more likely to be permanent for assessment purposes

it must be hard for pcs sufferers without fractures, because there,s no fractures and people expect you to recover, its like that for me and i have 3 titanium plates in my head but the surgeons did a good job on me, that scaring is not to bad I have heard, that brain injury is a hidden injury , if you lost your leg's folks wouldn't expect you to get up and run
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (02-19-2009), shezbut (02-12-2009)